Monday, December 16, 2013

Simply Thanking Each Other



Marriage is always in need of some service, because we need to keep it running smoothly. Just like we get our vehicles serviced regularly with oil changes and the like, we must put effort into our marriage.  When we don't do regular maintenance on our vehicles and marriages, they don't run well. Oh, it may seem like all is good, running on auto-pilot, but one day, it is bound to break down, and that can be COSTLY. I don't want to get too heavy here, I just want to make a simple suggestion, call it a "minor investment"  in your marriage, something you can do regularly. 

We all yearn to feel appreciated, and, let's face it, we don't get a whole lot of that "feeling" throughout our days. Encourage your spouse with words of thanks, DAILY. JUST grab their hand (we are big fans of hand holding), look them in the eye and say thank you for__________. 

Wait, you wouldn't know what in the world to say? Well, here's a few suggestions to get you started, and I promise, the more you practice, the easier it becomes:

-Thank you for making me proud to call you the mother/father of our children. 

-Thank you for being my best friend, my lover, my safe place. You are truly a blessing from God.

-Thank you for working so hard for our family and taking care of us.

-Thank you for the little things, fixing something around the house, making my coffee in the morning, letting me watch my favorite show, team, etc. (because the little things really are BIG things).

- Thank you for loving me and respecting me. 

- Thank you for wanting me.

- Thank you for dreaming with me.

Thank them, tell them what you love about them, encourage them. I could go on and on, but I won't. May I just encourage you to start today, START RIGHT NOW! If you can't grab their hand at this moment, call them, send them a text, FaceTime them. And then do it again tomorrow. 

"I thank my God upon every rememberance of you," Philippians 1:3

Now for the challenge:

Your mission, if you choose to accept it:

For the next week, DAILY find one thing to thank your spouse for.  It can be something small or big, but it doesn't have to be a deed, it can be an attribute.  It can be general or specific.  It can be anything.  

We'd love to hear what you are thankful about in regards to your spouse and we'd love to your what your spouse is thankful to you for.  Keep us posted!

Much Love and God Bless from Team Gage!

No comments:

Post a Comment